- Kőszeg is accessible by either bus or train. The railway station is around 1.5 km from downtown. Local public transport is not available, however, services between Kőszeg and Szombathely offer tickets for trips inside the town as well.
- Taking the coach from Szombathely to Kőszeg it is advisable to get off at the bus station (Liszt Ferenc Street).
- Walk from the bus station along Kossuth Lajos Street to the main square (Fő tér). Cross the square towards the church and head right onto Városház Street. Follow the Blue (K) Trail onwards, although markers are few and far between along streets with listed buildings. Passing beneath the Tower of Heroes along Városház Street you will reach Jurisics Sqaure. Calvary Church, which the trail passes by later is just visible on the opposite hillside. Head straight along Rajnis Street, which leads you out of historic downtown. Cross the street and continue along Pék Street, Árpád Square, Sziget and Kálvária Streets. You will soon reach the first Station of the Cross. If you wish to follow the Blue (K) Trail to the spring continue north along the markers (4.2 km).
- For a little shorter route take Királyvölgyi Street at the end of Pék Street and follow the Blue + (K+) markers to Kincs-pihenő (rest area, 2.4 km). Change to Blue● (K●) at the junction to reach the spring (4.1 km).
- You may also choose to combine the two routes into a loop trail.
To reach the Spring by car leave Kőszeg along Temető Street towards Szabóhegy. Driving uphill on the switchback of Szabóhegy and passing the ski lift you will arrive at Kincs-pihenő (rest area). Park your car here and follow the Blue● (K●) markers or the paved road to reach the Spring in around half an hour. Entry by car only by permission available at Tourinform Office at 2 Fő tér, Kőszeg for HUF 2,200 per day.
Hétforrás (Seven Springs)
- 6 Routes nearby
- 6 Routes nearby