- From the north get off at bus stop “Úrkút, bányászotthon” (bus service from Ajka and Veszprém).
- From the south get off at bus stop “Nagyvázsony, pulai elágazás” (bus service from Veszprém and Tapolca.
- Get off at Ajka railway station or coach station.
- From the bus stop in Úrkút follow the Blue (K) markers to the east. The trail takes the last crossroad to the right and exits the village. Then it crosses a pasture and enters the woods. Continue on the paved logging road until the trail turns right to shortcut. Turn right as you reach the paved road again and continue ahead to the peak. The Blue Trail turns right into the woods but walk a few steps straight ahead to take spur trail Blue ▲ (K▲) to the tower (Total distance: 6.8 km, elevation gain: 186 m).
- From Nagyvázsony head west along Kossuth Lajos Street (Road 77) and just past the village turn right to follow the Blue + (K+) markers. After a lengthy hike ahead towards Kab-hegy Blue (K) markers join in and the two trails merge. Finally, the trail curls and ascends west to the peak. As you reach the paved road turn right onto spur trail Blue▲(K▲) to arrive at the tower (Total distance: 9.8 km, elevation gain: 374 m).
- From Ajka railway station head left along Alkotmány Street. At the roundabout turn left (the third exit towards Úrkút) to follow the Yellow ● (S●) markers. It leads arrow straight out of the town along Csingeri Street and Bessenyei Street. Turn left at the end onto Lutra Street to exit the town. The trail soon bends sharply right and continues straight ahead to cross the rails, Csinger Creek and streets of Alsócsinger. The trail curls east and at the junction follow the Blue + (K+) markers to the left. After a lengthy winding hike turn right where the Blue (K) Trail joins in and follow the Blue (K) markers on the paved logging road until the trail turns right to shortcut. Turn right as you reach the paved road again and continue ahead to the peak. The Blue (K) Trail turns right into the woods but walk a few steps straight ahead to take spur trail Blue ▲ (K▲) to the tower.
- A paved road branching off the road between Úrkút and Nagyvázsony leads to the parking lot near the radio tower on the peak. Free of charge parking.
33T 701844 5213700
Kinizsi Pál lookout tower (Kab-hegy)
- 1 Routes nearby
Hiking Trail · Bakony-vidékNagyvázsony - Városlőd (OKT-07.)
The Blue Trail dives into the woods of Bakony Mountains. After climbing to the peak of Kab-hegy the trail descends into geological past running ...
- 1 Routes nearby