The animal path "Nest sweet nest" at Alpe Lusia is punctuated by hidden statues, funny games and riddles, take a sneak peek in the houses of these nice animals! The nest is the file rouge connecting the entire path with stories about the local fauna.
Distance 7.5 km
From the upstream station of the cabin lift "Le Cune" (2,200 m) starts the themed path "Nest, sweet nest". It is a quite easy trial across woods towards "Valbona" at 1,820 m. From "Le Cune" (arrival of the second cabin lift) following the path no. 614 along the ski run, down to the hollow at the foot of mount "Viezzena" you will find the houses of a group of marmots. After the crossroad follow the sign no. 622 at left and cross a moraine with monumental threes bent by the avalanches. Out of the wood pass by the pasture and near the dairy Malga Pozza take the path in the wood which will connect to path no. 614 ("Troi di Soldai - Solders path") to reach "Valbona".
The path is suited for trekking strollers or baby carriers.
AuthorAzienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa - © All rights reserved
Update: July 19, 2022
- Plan your excursion according to your skills and the weather
- Walk slowly, enjoy the landscape and the silence
- Inform somebody about your itinerary, return time and possible changes
- Rely on professionals (Alpine and local guides)
- Help those in need. Call 112 only in case of real necessity
- Make sure you have suitable clothes and equipment + some water and snacks
- Respect the environment around you and its inhabitants. Bring back your rubbish
- Follow the marked trails avoiding those in the bike park
- To protect the wonders of nature, leave everything in its place
- Bring your pet along, but keep it on a leash
Tips and hintsAzienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Phone +39 0462 609500
Getting thereMain access points to the valley coming from A22 Modena-Brennero motorway:
- exit Ora/Egna, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - San Lugano Pass - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena (industrial area), proceed towards Canazei
- exit Bolzano Nord, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Carezza Pass - Vigo di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, head north for Canazei, head south for Soraga di Fassa and Moena
Other access points to Val di Fassa:
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo and S.P. 346 to San Pellegrino Pass - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, proceed towards Canazei
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore. S.P. 641 to Fedaia Pass - Canazei
- coming from Arabba, S.S. 48 to Pordoi Pass - Canazei
- from Val Gardena, S.S. 242 to Sella Pass - Canazei
ParkingFree parking at the valley station of the cabin lift.
32T 706734 5138468
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentWear adequate clothing, footwear and equipment suitable for the length and grade of difficulty of trail to be taken. Always try to be self-sufficient and carry with you the necessary to face possible emergency situations and a first aid kit.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view