The tour of the Lake of San Pellegrino can be considered the first stage of an easy walk, suitable also for kids, that brings to the wonderful dip of Fuciade and to Valfredda. Quick stop at the Lake of Pozze, behind Hotel Miralago, meeting point during the summer for many fishermen.
Safety information1. Plan your day according to your abilities, the weather, the characteristics and conditions of the itinerary as well the avalanche risk.
2. Always prefer being accompanied by somebody. If possible, rely on a professional mountain guide.
3. Make sure you have suitable clothes and equipment (boots, shoe spikes and poles).
4. Inform somebody of your itinerary, return time and possible changes.
5. Take it easy, enjoy the landscape and the silence.
6. If uncertain about the direction, turn back.
7. Stay out of cross-country and alpine skiing slopes.
8. Respect the environment around you. Bring back your rubbish.
9. Bring your pet along but keep it on a leash.
10. Help those in need. Call 112 only in case of real necessity.
Tips and hintsTourist Board Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Phone +39 0462 609500
Getting thereMain access points to the valley coming from A22 Modena-Brennero motorway:
- exit Ora/Egna, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - San Lugano Pass - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena (industrial area), proceed towards Canazei
- exit Bolzano Nord, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Carezza Pass - Vigo di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, head north for Canazei, head south for Soraga di Fassa and Moena
Other access points to Val di Fassa:
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo and S.P. 346 to San Pellegrino Pass - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, proceed towards Canazei
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore. S.P. 641 to Fedaia Pass - Canazei
- coming from Arabba, S.S. 48 to Pordoi Pass - Canazei
- from Val Gardena, S.S. 242 to Sella Pass - Canazei
ParkingParking in front of Hotel Monzoni.
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentWear adequate clothing, footwear and equipment (boots, shoe spikes and poles) suitable for the length and grade of difficulty of trail to be taken. Always try to be self-sufficient and carry with you the necessary to face possible emergency situations and a first aid kit.
Most of the trails are beaten by walkers. No mechanical beating, daily or periodical, is forseen and no specific signs have been placed on the itineraries to show the way. Eeven where scheduled, the beating of some trails by means of snowmobiles, will not be daily but only occasional or following a snowfall. Anyway this does not prevent the presence of some icy and slippery spots on the tracks, especially in the parts placed in shadow. Observe carefully the terrain you are walking on and be always equipped in a proper way.