This long walk starts from the very relaxing and fascinating Val Venegia. After the first stretch in the woods, the view opens up wide and panoramic on the valley crossed by a stream and on the Pale di San Martino. Leaving Malga Venegia behind, you reach Malga Venegiota; the temptation to stop is huge, but the path is still long. At the end of a plateau tou finde the wide hairpin bends that lead up to Baita Segantini, an icon of Passo Rolle and home of the mountaineer and tourism pioneer Alfredo Paluselli until 1969.
Surrounded by mountains of entrancing beauty, the descent to Capanna Cervino and Passo Rolle begins. The Cimon della Pala is a giant spur that follows us all the way, as well as the characteristic white walls overlooking the Val Venegia. From the pastures behind the refuge, you quickly reach Malga Juribello, known for its dairy products, and then return to the parking lot.
Rest stopsMalga Venegia
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Predazzo take the road direction Passo Rolle. After Paneveggio turn left direction Passo Valles. On the way, on the right hand side you will find the indication for Val Venegia and the parking (Pian dei Casoni)
ParkingVal Venegia parking (Pian dei Casoni) - toll parking.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream.
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints