Stage 4 Dolomiti Trek King - At the feet of the Sassolungo Massif
APT Val di Fassa Verified partner Explorers Choice
Col Rodella - Dolomiti Val di FassaPhoto: APT Val di Fassa
- Plan your excursion according to your skills and the weather.
- Walk slowly, enjoy the landscape and the silence.
- Inform somebody about your itinerary, return time and possible changes.
- Rely on professionals (Alpine and local guides).
- Help those in need. Call 112 only in case of real necessity.
- Make sure you have suitable clothes and equipment + some water and snacks.
- Respect the environment around you and its inhabitants. Bring back your rubbish.
- Follow the marked trails avoiding those in the bike park.
- To protect the wonders of nature, leave everything in its place.
- Bring your pet along, but keep it on a leash.
Tips and hintsThe holiday package (7 nights stay) includes:
- 6 self guided hiking tours;
- 2 overnight stays in Dolomiti Walking Hotel (first and last night) with half board treatment;
- 5 overnight stays in refuge during the hiking tours with half board treatment;
- 1 cotton sheet sleeping bag;
- PanoramaPass (3 days in 6), valid for the mountain lifts.
Azienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Phone +39 0462 609500
From Col Rodella, walk down along path no. 529 and then take paths no. 557 and 557-4, also known as "Friedrich August Weg" after the King of Saxony, a keen botanist.
Shortly after the "Ciaréjoles Pass", the path joins trail no. 580, which ascends to the right in steep curves towards the Dona Pass (2,516 m) and flanks the southern slope of the "Cima di Dona" to reach finally the Antermoia Refuge (2,497 m), where the overnight is planned. This is the heart of the Val di Fassa Dolomites, dominated by the magnificent view of the eastern wall of the Catinaccio d’Antermoia.
Public transportPublic transport lines Trentino Trasporti - Val di Fassa:
- line no. 101 Canazei - Cavalese - Trento
- line no. 104 Cavalese - Ora - Trento
- line no. 123 Moena - San Pellegrino Pass - Falcade
Public transport lines SAD - Val di Fassa:
- line no. 180 Vigo di Fassa - Carezza Pass - Bolzano
- line no. 471 Dolomites passes (Sella Pass, Gardena Pass, Campolongo Pass, Pordoi Pass, Fedaia Pass). Service available in summer only
By roadMain access points to the valley coming from the A22, Modena-Brenner motorway
- exit Ora/Egna, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - Passo San Lugano - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance km 45). From the Moena bypass (artisan area) towards Canazei
- Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Passo Carezza - Vigo di Fassa (distance km 40). From Vigo northwards towards Canazei, southwards towards Soraga di Fassa and Moena
Other accesses to the Val di Fassa
- from the A27 (Venice) motorway, exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 for Agordo and S.P. 346 Passo San Pellegrino - Moena (Val di Fassa). From the Moena bypass towards Canazei
- from the A27 (Venice) motorway, exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 for Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore. S.P. 641 Passo Fedaia - Canazei
- coming from Arabba, S.S. 48 Passo Pordoi - Canazei
- from Val Gardena, S.S. 242 Passo Sella - Canazei
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others