Excursion between alpine lakes and magnificent views of the Pale di San Martino.
The excursion starts with a nice walk in a forest of large Swiss pine trees, on a rough and flat road. Once you reach the lakes of Colbricon, the itinerary climbs between meadows and a stony path, in a constant ascent that ends with the exceptional view from the top of the lakes. The view ranges from the Catinaccio Group to the Marmolada, up to the Pale di San Martino and the majestic Paneveggio forest.
Curiosity: in the 1970s, archaeological excavations near the lakes brought to light artifacts (arrows, blades, burins) which confirmed the presence of hunters from the Mesolithic era (10,000 - 8,000 years ago).
Rest stopsLAGHI DI COLBRICON
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Predazzo drive direction Passo Rolle. 1 km before the pass you will find on your left hand side the parking near Malga Rolle
ParkingOn the left side near Malga Rolle
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream, snack.
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints