On this section we paddle from Almadi through the quiet Fűzfői Bay to Fövenyfürdő.
Distance 5.9 km
The tour takes you to the northeastern tip of Lake Balaton. We head north along the dense reed-covered bay of Fűzfői, broken only by the short stretch of beach at Tobruki. Turning back, we find that Fűzfői Bay is more closed than its other counterparts. The turquoise blue bay was once dominated by a tavern, a few cellars and vineyards. In the second half of our tour, we will leave the promenade on the eastern side of the bay and, after the harbours, we will see the town beach, the end of our journey.
The time and difficulty of paddling depends very much on the weather conditions.In the event of sudden strong swells and winds, a short and easy trip can instantly turn into a long and difficult challenge.
Update: August 18, 2021
- Take into account the weather factors, your fitness, the regulations in force for your watercraft.
- Don't underestimate the strength of the sunshine, carry enough fluids!
- Study the waterRES.
- Wear a life jacket at all times, not just on you!
- Always adapt your trip to the weather!
- Do not go further than 500 metres from the coast!
- Try to avoid the shipping lane!
Tips and hints
Getting thereAfter the railway underpass, the entrance to the beach is on the shore of Lake Balaton
ParkingParking available next to the beach
34T 272950 5212223
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view