An adventure along the Nádas, at the foot of the Balaton Riviera, connecting an ancient village with a young town.
Distance 5.6 km
Starting from Alsóörs, we ride along the coastal waves along the reedbeds to Balatonalmádi. To the south you can admire the endlessness of the open water, and to the north the lookout tower of Csere Hill and the Öreg Hill. Along the way, we can imagine what the Almádi puszta must have been like, with vineyards and scattered cellars. In the second half of the 19th century, only the Vörösberényi part of today's Balatonalmádi was inhabited. Once you are far enough away from the noise of the beaches, it is easier to get lost in the beauty of the landscape, not only in space but also in time.
The time and difficulty of paddling depends very much on the weather conditions.In the event of sudden strong swells and winds, a short and easy trip can instantly turn into a long and difficult challenge.
Update: August 18, 2021
- Consider the weather factors, your fitness, the regulations in force for your watercraft.
- Don't underestimate the intensity of the sunshine, carry enough fluids!
- Study the waterRES.
- Wear a life jacket at all times, not just on you!
- Always adapt your trip to the weather!
- Do not go further than 500 metres from the coast!
- Try to avoid the shipping lane!
Tips and hints
Getting thereThe hike starts from the car park next to the pay beach in Alsóörs
ParkingParking next to the beach
33T 726682 5207762
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view