At Lake Balaton, the Tihany peninsula is unmissable. On a short but unique SUP tour you can discover the architectural treasures of Tihany with a wonderful panoramic view of Lake Balaton.
Distance 3.9 km
We paddle between the two beaches of Tihany, heading north where the Tihany Abbey towers above us. We are accompanied by the sight of the northern shore and the seemingly endless waters of the eastern basin. In addition to this beautiful panorama, you can discover the magnificent Limnology complex and the former castle of Archduke Joseph Habsburg at close quarters. Next to the harbour, in the bathing area, you can see the old Sports Hotel building. Afterwards, the Aszőfői-sarok opens up to us, where the Gödrösi open-air beach awaits us. In winter, the same route offers a number of icefalls, which you can only see from the beach.
- The time and difficulty of paddling depends largely on the weather conditions.In the event of sudden strong swells and winds, a short and easy trip can immediately turn into a long and difficult challenge.
- After a rain shower in the early evening when the sky is in beautiful colours at sunset.
Update: August 18, 2021
- Consider the weather factors, your fitness, the regulations in force for your watercraft.
- Don't underestimate the intensity of the sunshine, carry enough fluids!
- Study the waterRES.
- Wear a lifejacket at all times, not just yourself!
- Always adapt your trip to the weather!
- Do not go further than 500 metres from the coast!
- Try to avoid the shipping lane!
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Balatonfüred, turn left off the 71 towards Tihanyirév
ParkingThere is a parking lot next to the beach
33T 720387 5198862
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view