On this boat trip from Kenesa to Akarattya, we paddle past the dominant high coast of the Eastern Basin.
Distance 4.3 km
During the tour we head to Bercsényi beach towards the eastern tip of Lake Balaton. Leaving Kenesé, the Akarattyai high shore rises above us on our left, and its loess walls accompany us all the way. The high bank is the first place where the panorama really opens up for train passengers on their way to the northern shore. You can even catch a glimpse of a train as it passes overhead. Passing the cottages on the rocky shore, we arrive at our destination. As you paddle along, you can enjoy an unobstructed view of the eastern basin of Lake Balaton on the right, which stretches all the way to Tihany.
The time and difficulty of paddling depends very much on the weather conditions.In the event of sudden strong swells and winds, a short and easy trip can instantly turn into a long and difficult challenge.
Update: August 18, 2021
- Consider the weather factors, your fitness, the regulations in force for your watercraft.
- Don't underestimate the strength of the sunshine, carry enough fluids!
- Study the waterRES.
- Wear a life jacket at all times, not just on you!
- Always adapt your trip to the weather!
- Do not go further than 500 metres from the coast!
- Try to avoid the shipping lane!
Tips and hints
Getting thereThe train station and adjacent bus stop are about 500 metres from the beach
ParkingParking is available at Strand Square
34T 280748 5212735
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view