- Follow the Blue (K) marker all along the trip.
- The trail traverses the park in front of Tapolca railway station and continues along Dózsa György Street. As you reach Keszthelyi Street/Hősök tere the trail bends right. Head straight until the trail enters a gateway on the right to arrive at Malom-tó.
- Walk around the lake then take Martinovics Ignác Street and turn left at the end. Take the first right and the trail soon exits the town.
- The trail crosses the rails and 500 meters past Papmajor farm buildings turns right onto a dirt track.
- Traverse through vineyards to Szent György-hegy (stamping location at the hikers’ lodge) and skirt the peak passing organ pipes.
- The trail descends on the southern and western slopes of the hill among vineyards and continues along a roadway.
- Take Road 71 and past 1.2 km turn left to skirt the castle hill of Szigliget (Várhegy).
- Cross the saddle of castle hill and Antal-hegy. Take the roadway to arrive at Badacsonytördemic-Szigliget railway station.
Tapolca - Szent György-hegy (stamping location)
Past the stamping location in Tapolca (Lokomotív Pub at the railway station) take Dózsa György Street to reach Keszthelyi Street/Hősök tere. The trail bends right and follows Deák Ferenc Street. Pass through the gateway on the right at Fő tér to reach Malom-tó (Mill Pond), which is the spring lake of the cavern beneath the town. Cross the park and follow Martinovics Ignác Street. At the end take Vastagh János street on the left and the trail exits the town. A short detour along Blue Ω (KΩ) takes you to the Cavern Lake of Tapolca and Visitor Center.
Follow the Blue (K) markers and cross the main road right past the last houses of Tapolca. The trail runs straight ahead towards Szent György-hegy amid silhouettes of huge buttes. Cross the rails and past 1 km turn right to continue among vineyards. The trail bends left and ascends on the slope of the hill under welcome shades of trees. Red (P) trail joins in from the right and the pipe organs show up ahead. At the last building on the right traverse through the woods and follow the basalt steps uphill to the hikers’ lodge of Szent György-hegy ("kulcsosház"; stamper behind the window shutter).
Szent György-hegy (stamping location) – Szigliget
The trail steeply ascends and soon arrives at the bottom of pipe organs. A lengthy hike up the stairs near these chimney-like formations will take you to the peak. It is worth a short detour to check the viewpoints above the pipes. In a few minutes you will pass a rain shelter where the Blue (K) Trail begins to descend to the left. Take the Blue ▲ (K▲) spur trail to enjoy the view from the top.
Following the Blue (K) markers it takes around 15 minutes to reach the wine press houses of the southern slope. The trail passes the Lion Head Fountain (Oroszlánfejű kút, drinking water) and Tarányi wine press house with Lengyel-kápolna (Lengyel Chapel named after the family financing the construction). Continue descending along the paved road and turn left to traverse the vineyards to shortcut to the roadway towards Road 71. Cross Road 71 and turn right to take the biking trail. Passing Várhegy (Castle Hill) of Szigliget turn left onto the road to the village. You will soon reach the car park of the castle. The stamper is placed on the information board at the church next to the car park. Two more stampers are available in the village: „In vino veritas” wine shop and at the castle entrance.
The path uphill takes you to the castle where you can enjoy a 360 degree view over Tapolca Basin and Balaton. Back to the Blue Trail continue along Kisfaludy Street that joins Kossuth Lajos Street. Past around 500 meters the Blue (K) Trail bends left. It is just a few steps to the right to visit the ruins of Avas Church from the Árpád era (Árpád era spans the period 1000-1301 with kings from the Árpád Dinasty).
Szigliget – Badacsonytördemic
Follow the Blue (K) markers to leave Szigliget behind hiking at the bottom of Antal-hegy. Continue along the paved road connecting Szigliget and Badacsonytördemic. Cross Road 71 and the rails. Leave the Blue Trail to get the stamper at Badacsonytördemic–Szigliget train station (near the ticket office). And right above the houses your next destination Badacsony Hill towers.