The Blue Trail dives into the woods of Bakony Mountains. After climbing to the peak of Kab-hegy the trail descends into geological past running along the gorge of Úrkút paleokarst.
Distance 22.6 km
Bakony is the most extensive mountain in Hungary but despite it is a landscape of rolling hills and mild slopes. The vast forest area is in intensive use and yet it offers a number of cozy valleys, cute clearings and stunning views during your hike. The trail traverses a hilly terrain mostly in the woods. At the beginning you will climb to the peak of Kab-hegy (599 m) to enjoy the view over Bakony for the first time. Then the trail descends to Úrkút where you can visit “Jurassic Park of Úrkút”, a unique attraction of paleokarst at Csárda-hegy revealed by local mining activity. Finally, after crossing a valley with a chain of clearings the 7th section of the trail ends in Városlőd.
- Visit Kinizsi Castle in Nagyvázsony.
- Visit Kéktúra (Blue Trail) Restaurant in Úrkút.
- Visit the paleokarst nature trail in Úrkút to learn about geological past.
- Take a rest in Sobri Jóska Adventure Park in Kislőd
Recommended entries and exits
- Úrkút (OKTPH-37): bus stop "Úrkút, bányászotthon"
- In Nagyvázsony head west along Kinizsi Street and turn right at the end onto Tüzér Street. Continue to the castle to join the Blue (K) Trail.
- From Városlőd train station walk towards the village along the road crossing the rails. It joins the main street of the village where the Blue (K) Trail runs.
- The road from the parking lot of Városlőd-Kislőd railway station joins the Blue (K) Trail.
- Free of charge parking at the castle in Nagyvázsony.
- In Városlőd park free of charge along the street crossing the rails (Petőfi Street).
- Free of charge parking in the parking lot outside Városlőd-Kislőd train station.
33T 704915 5207012
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic gear: hiking boots, seasonable wear, drinking water, food. Use Természetjáró app. to navigate
- 18 Waypoints
- 18 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view