Following mostly the Green (Z) Trail of Buda you will explore some hills of the capital from Normafa to Hármashatár-hegy, mostly walking in the forest with a few paved sections and architectural sights. During your hike Tündér-szikla (Fairy Rock) and Apáthy-szikla will offer a fantastic vista while you will tread on red ground at Kőkapu-barlang (Stone Gate Cave) and visit a classic and a modern lookout tower.
Safety informationSafe in every season.
Tips and hints.
Getting thereThe bus and the train stops at Normafa.
ParkingBeing a popular place it is hard to park at Normafa at weekends. It is advisable to leave your car in Széll Kálmán Square or Hűvösvölgy and use public transport.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.