A short but pleasant trip in Buda Hills with two lookout towers, a small gorge with a wooden bridge, a mysterious cave and many other sights popular among children.
Distance 3.1 km
A refreshing round-trip to enjoy the first spring sunshine. Sparse foliage is compensated by less obstructed views and more vitamin D. Explore the loop trail passing Szépjuhászné, Nagy-Hárs-hegy, Kis-Hárs-hegy and returning to Szépjuhászné.
Not recommended in icy or snowy weather due to steep and slippery sections.
Update: January 06, 2021
Tips and hintsTreasure hunters may try to find the geocaches along the trail (a traditional one on Kis-hárs-hegy and the monastery ruins, a multi-cache together with a cute witch on Nagy-hárs-hegy).
- The starting point is at the bus and train stop.
- Free parking in the parking lot at Szépjuhászné (crossroads of Budakeszi Road and Schüller Road). In good weather, especially at weekends parking there may be a challenge.
34T 346065 5265906
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentIn dry weather no special equipment or boots are needed.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view