· Val di Fassa
Bocche Lace-Cimon de Boce
Through steep walls onto a flat plateauThe Passo San Pellegrino lies about eleven kilometres east of
Moena, directly on the provincial border with Veneto. Archaeological
archaeological finds have also shown that the pass was used in prehistoric times.
prehistoric times. In the Middle Ages, a connection led
In the Middle Ages, a connection led over the top of the pass, coming from the Cordevoletal.
connection to the Adige valley, which was reached at Auer. In this
time, the pass was still called "Monte Alloch". The crossing got its
name was only given to the crossing after the 14th century,
after the monks had built a hospice in 1358, "to which
people crossing Monte Alloch could also be entertained".
can be entertained". In addition to this Italian name, the crossing
in Ladin as Jouf de Sèn Pelegrin, and in German as the
St. Pelegrin Pass in German.